The annual membership fee for 2020 has been set at £164 per annum. Subscriptions can be paid quarterly by Debit/Credit Card or Direct Debit.
How Subscriptions Are Calculated
The Group Executive sets the subscription levels for each year based on:
- Number of youth members as at Nov/Dec;
- Youth membership fee payable to District (£5), County (£8) and Scout Association Headquarters (£25);
- Group running costs (e.g. rent, rates, insurance, utilities), typically equivalent to £86 per youth member
- The assumption that everyone completes a Gift Aid notification (so the Group can claim tax relief on the subscriptions); and
- £30 pa per youth member allocated to Beaver Colony, Cub Pack and Scout Troop to run normal section evening meetings.
It is the Group’s policy if payment is outstanding after two weeks of the due date (5th Jan/April/July/October), then your child cannot attend meetings until full payment of all monies is made. This means that they may not attend Beavers/Cubs/Scouts until we have confirmed the payment has reached our bank account.
If payment is still outstanding after three weeks of the due date then their membership will be cancelled without any further communication and they cease to be a member of the Group.
If you anticipate difficulties with a making a payment on time then please contact the Subscriptions Team immediately and we will always endeavour to help.